Effective as of December 11, 2020
Table of Contents
- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices
- International data transfer
- How to contact us
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us.
Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise, includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, billing and mailing addresses, phone number.
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, interests, preferences, information about your participation in our events, promotions, sweepstakes, contests, or surveys, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Account data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, preferences, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through social media, or otherwise.
- Payments and transactional data needed to complete your orders and/or payments on or through the Service (such as payment card information, bank account number, billing and shipping information), and your purchase history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, services, activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Third party sources.
We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors, that provide demographic and other information.
- Public sources, such as social media platforms, publications, and news sites.
- Business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
- Marketing partners, such as companies that have entered into joint marketing relationships or other joint ventures with us.
Automatic data collection.
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, your activity over time on our sites and other online services, and your interactions with our marketing communications such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
- Precise geolocation data when you authorize our mobile application to access your device’s location.
Cookies and similar technologies.
Like many online services, we use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating analytics and online advertising.
- Flash cookies, or locally-stored objects, which are used on websites for purposes similar to cookies but allow storage of a larger amount of data.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Software development kits, or SDKs, which are used to incorporate third party computer code into our app that allows our third party service providers or advertising partners to collect user data directly from the app for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of the app, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising.
Data about others.
Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us and share their contact information with us. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time we collect it:
Service delivery.We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback. Research and development.
We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising.
We and our third party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you Vivi + Livy-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email and mail. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as information technology, hosting, customer relationship management and support, print and mail fulfillment, email delivery, advertising, marketing, and website analytics).
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Service and other online services to help us advertise our services, and/or use customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads on their platforms on our behalf to those customers and similar users.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us. Authorities and others.
Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquiring and other relevant parties to business transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Vivi + Livy or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an online account with us, you may review and update certain account information from your account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and our Services may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity on the Sites. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies at https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies and about how Google protects your data at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Mobile location data. You can disable our access to your device’s precise geolocation in your mobile device settings.
Advertising choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser settings. Blocking third party cookies in your browser settings. • Privacy browsers/plug-ins. By using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes. You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Third party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third party platform, that choice will not Other sites and services. The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child under 16 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to contact us
Email: [email protected]